CakePHP is an open source web application framework for developing web applications. CakePHP is written in PHP which is distributed under the MIT License.
Features of CakePHP:
1. CakePHP is compatible with PHP4 as well as PHP5.
2. It reduce code repetition in creation of websites or web applications.
3. CakePHP is easy to understand and provide security, session handling, among other things.
4. It is fast, flexible templating.
5. It is a great way of getting the early parts of developing a web application started.
7. It provides powerful and flexible data validation features..
8. It is an open source i.e. free for everyone.
9. Works from any web site directory, with little to no Apache configuration involved.
Security: It provide a tight security component which can be easily integrated in an application. Through these security components an interface for managing HTTP-authenticated requests can be created.